Sep 5, 2009

~~Half way of Ramadhan~~

Believe it or not we are at a half way of Ramadhan now. Alhamdulillah, I still manage to perform this ibadah with a good health and tawaduk. Talking about Ramadhan, apart from the ibadah and tarawikh, it's a month where people been blessed with foods, I mean a variety + lotsaaa of foods here and there, especially in my home country (owh, how I wish I were there right now, miss going to Pasar Ramadhan, I miss going tarawikh with my dad at a mosque, I miss 'more', I miss preparing foods with my mom for iftar, I miss everything about Ramadhan back home, sob..sob...). And sometimes, I feel like buying the whole Pasar Ramadhan if I go there, hih, yeah I know..... it's just a 'bad strong desire'. It is like a norm, people crave more in this month, hihi, including me. Unfortunately, living in a country where less than 15% of the community are practicing Islam, I dont have many choices of foods, or in other words, it's just a waste of time for me to crave this and that, knowing that I wont get it here, unless u prepare the dish by urself, hehe.

Well people, I'm staying alone now, in a shoe box, hihi, I mean in a small studio unit, somewhere in inner suburb of Melbourne. Like it or not, there's nobody else to cook. I really2 crave 'kuih pau' since last 2 weeks, huhu... and it took me for quite a while to prepare it. I think I made it, eventhough the taste is only.... so - so.... (^-^), and luckily I didnt burn down the house, hih. So, today....I had quite simple menu for iftar - Blue Pau, meehoon tomyam and dessert (actually I'm very2 lazy to cook, huhu, hence I only prepared these unfiddly menus). Alhamdullilah, He is still bless me with a good 'rezqi', it's more than enough for me, I'm alone afterall, so no need for a round table of foods (^-^). It's just a bit sad that I got nobody to accompany me for iftar.. really... I feel sad and lonely. Ok, Ok... no more tears for today..... lets have a look.. what I had for iftar tonight.... enjoy!


'Blue Pau', I intentionally added few drops of food coloring into the doh to create a temptation for me to eat, hihi


'White Meehoon Tomyam', took only 20 minutes to prepare, I chucked everything in the sauce, heh..


Simple but yummy dessert, fresh strawberries + yogurt + raisin....



5 comments:

hidayahrodhi said...

blue pau tu sungguh menarik, dessert pun menarik..( terus bukak peti ais minum air yogurt )

noorulaz said...

sabar je la duk jauh2.. tapi bila duk jauh baru baru idea2 kreatif ni keluar.. sedap tol strawberry dgn yogurt tu..

Elylinn said...

Kak Dayah, I have to say yogurt kat sini lagi sedap dari yg jual kat M'sia, serius.. dah buat perbandingan rasa...hihi

Noorul, thanx... hihi, idea kreatif ni ada time2 dia nak kuar, plus kalau ada angin rajin datang bertiup, hih, Happy Ramadhan people.

hidayahrodhi said...

alah,hari tu masa i kat sana u tak suruh pun i rasa!ok ada alasan nak pegi lagi.hahaha

Elylinn said...

hihi, mai mai, jangan tak mai...

Related Posts with Thumbnails